The sun is shining. There is hardly any traffic. Your windows are rolled down with the music blaring. Your ride to the beach could not be going any better. Looking through your rearview mirror, you start to notice a cloud of smoke coming from your tailpipe. Your trip to the beach has been rerouted to the local mechanic.
Engine repair can empty your wallet and take up your time. There are usually a number of telltale signs you can catch before your engine problem worsens.
- Smoke – As mentioned earlier, smoke is a common sign that you need your engine repair. There are three different colors of smoke — white, black, blue — that can give you a hint of what is wrong. White smoke could show a blown head gasket, black smoke can inform you either a high or low level of fuel in the combustion chamber and blue smoke proves that there is an engine oil leak. Don’t ignore this smoke!
- Noise – Strange noises coming from anything usually tip you off to a problem. This is true with motor vehicles. Hearing a knocking sound that gets louder tells you that there is engine bearing failure. If you hear this sound, take your car to a local garage.
- Oil – Problems with oil can normally tip you off that there is an engine issue. If you are going through oil at a quicker rate, there is a problem. Take account of your oil usage because excessive oil consumption is another problematic sign. Oil pressure — high or low — is another issue. This causes seals to break and damage to your engine. If you engine has oil sludge on it, you know there is something wrong.
- Power – Loss of power in your vehicle can be engine related. Having trouble accelerating or starting your car can prove that your engine is problematic. Your car can even begin jolting or shaking providing you with a scary experience.
- Check Engine Light – The most common thing you will see when your engine has issues is the check engine light. A trusted mechanic, such as Savage Automotive, uses laptops and handheld computers to read codes from your car’s computer and diagnose your problem. It is imperative that you get your car checked after noticing this sign.
Be vigilant in maintaining your vehicle, it is what you depend on the most to get from home to work or school. Repair some problems before they become bigger issues.
If you notice any of these signs, you can take your vehicle to Savage Automotive, the top auto repair company in Philadelphia. Family owned and operated, Savage Automotive employs technicians who are up to date with latest technology and techniques and know how to troubleshoot your vehicle’s problem. They also perform oil changes, wheel alignment and routine maintenance for cars, trucks and hybrids.
When searching for an auto repair shop near Philadelphia to fix your engine woes, turn to Savage Automotive. You can call them or visit online at http://savagehybrid.wpengine.com.